Kannadigas enjoy this rice baath very much. Along with Methi leaves we add potatoes which gives a delicious taste. Methya Soppu Baath is good for lunch box too.
Methi Leaves - 1 Big bunch
Capsicum - 1/2 medium sized chopped
Potato - 1 cut lengthwise
Peas - a handful
Tomato - 1 medium sized chopped
Curry Leaves - 1 strand
Pepper - 2
Cinnamom - a small piece
Oil - 3 tbsp
Rice - 2 cups
Red Chillies - 2
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
Bengal gram - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Vangibaath Powder or Rasam Powder + Sambar Powder - 2 1/2 tbsp
1. Cut all veggies and wash methi leaves. Cook rice in your Pressure cooker. Allow it to cool down. Make sure each of the grains are seperate.
2. Put 3 spoons of oil in the griddle, let it be in a low flame. On heating add mustard seeds,when it splutters put urad dhal, bengal gram, pepper, cinnamom, turmeric, curry leaves and fry well for 2 mins.
3. Add Peas, capsicum, tomatoes and potato. Sprinkle salt, mix well and cover the lid. Keep it for 3 mins.
4. Finally add methi leaves, mix well and cover the lid. Fry till all veggies are soft.
5. Put Vangibaath powder, coconut and salt. Mix throughly and fry for 1 min.
6. Mix this Paste with cooled cooked rice and serve with raita.
Thanks a lot for the wonderful and mouth watering recipes.
Surely it'll help newly married a lot.
I'll try all the recipes shortly.
Congrats and all the very best for launching this web site.
Its so perfect