Pudina leaves are well known for its pleasant aroma and Pudina Pulav is one of the easiest dish with fresh flavor of pudina leaves. Pudina Pulav is good for lunch box. You can even prepare Pudina Rice but the taste is entirely different.
Health Benefits of Pudina Leaves:
- Pudina is a good carminative agent.
- Pudina is used as an expectorant.
- Pudina acts as a good blood cleanser. It is antibacterial and antiseptic.
- Fresh pudina leaves are crushed and sniffed for relief from dizziness.
Mint Leaves/Pudina Leaves - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Ginger - 1 inch
Rice - 1 cup (You can use either Basamati or ordinary rice - your choice)
Lemon Juice - few drops (optional)
Green chillies - 2 or 3
Potatoes - sliced 1 cup
Peas - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Cloves - 2 nos
Cardamom Pods - 2 nos
Bay leaf - 1 no.
Chakke/Cinnamon/dalchin - 3 to 4 pieces
Graram Masala - 2 tsp
Ghee - 1 tb sp
1. Grind Pudina/Mint leaves, onion, green chillies and ginger to fine paste.
2. Heat Ghee in the pressure pan add Jeera, Cloves, Cardamom pods, Bay leaf, Chakke, Sliced potatoes, Peas, Rice, Garam Masala, Grinded paste from step 1, Salt to taste, Fry for few second and add 2 Cups of water (little less than 2 cups will be better), Mix well. Close the lid. Pressure cook for 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
3. Serve hot with any raita!!
Sending this recipe to Announcing Healthy Cooking Challenge : Healthy Lunch
as well as HCC : Healthy Cooking Challenge
|Tags: Pudina Pulao, mint flavoured pulao, Rice, Pudina, Mint.|
Hi Kamala,Tried your pdnuia rice and delicious is the only wrd to describe it my hubby liked it very much and has asked me to prepare for the weekend get together with friends can you post keerai (spinach) sambar? don't know how to make it..Thanks a ton for your recipes kamala