A delicious dish with the tanginess of lemon. A very common and easy to prepare south Indian dish, all that is required is the Lemon Juice and salt in correct proportion to make it delicious.
1. Rice - 1 Cup
2. Lemon Juice - 3 tbsp
3. Channa Dal - 1 tsp
4. Urad Dal - 1 tsp
5. Jeera - 1 tsp
6. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
7. Oil - 2tsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
10. Peas - 1 handful
11. Cashews - 10nos
12. Curry leaves - 1 strand
13. Coriander leaves - for garnishing
14. Turmeric - 1 tsp
15. Asafoetida - a pinch
16. Green Chillies - 3 - 4nos
1. Rinse and drain rice. Cook in 2 cups of water. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustrad seeds when starts spluttering add Jeera, Channa dal, urad dal, cashews, peas, green
chilli, hing and turmeric powder. Saute for 10 seconds.
3. Now add cooked Rice, Mix well.
4. Add lime juice and salt to the seasoning. Now gently mix ric.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves, Grated Coconut and curry leaves.
Serve hot with Papad.
|Tags: Lemon Rice,Chitranna, Lemon Bath, Rice.|