Akki Rotti is a yummy breakfast prepared mainly in South Karnataka. Different varieties of akki rotti's are prepared. Among them Avarekalu Akki Rotti is a special Rotti.
Akki means Rice in Kannada. Avarekai=Hyacinth bean in English. Avarekai is mainly available plenty in the month of December and January. We prepare lot of dish with avarekai like Avarekayi saaru, Avarekayi huli, Avarekayi uppittu, Avarekayi idli, Fried Avarekalu snack, Avarekayi akki rotti.
1. Rice Flour - 2 cups
2. Avarekalu - 1 cup
3. Chopped green chillies - 3-4
4. Cumin Seeds/ Jeera - 2 tsp
5. Curds - 1/4 cup
6. Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Oil - 1/2 cup
9. Grated Coconut - 1 cup
1. Pressure cook Avarekalu with salt. Make sure its well cooked.
2. Mix Rice Flour, Cooked Avarekalu, green chillies, Jeera, Curds, Chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut, little salt in a big bowl. Now by adding required quantity of water make a dough.
3. Take a Kadai/tawa, greese oil over it. Take a small ball of dough (size of a lemon) and pat it onto the greesed tawa/Kadai. If you want the Rotti to be crispy pat it thinner. Pour 1- 2 tsp of oil around the edges and also at the centre.
4. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot with ghee or butter.
|Tags: Avarekalu Akki Rotti, Avarekalu, Akki Rotti, Rotti, Akki Rotti|