The most popular potato dishes are aloo ki sabzi, batata vada, samosa, alu dum and alu paratha, etc But the potato soup is different and less known to us. Potato soup is one of the simplest soup you can prepare and has a great flavor. A bowl of hot potato soup will be refreshing on cold winter days. Vermicelli/Shavige is used for garnishing gives an excellent taste.
Try this simple recipe of Potato Soup ...
Corn Flour: 1 tbsp
Butter: 1 tbsp
Milk: 1 tbsp
Pepper powder: 1 tsp
Vermicelli/Shavige: 3/4 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes till they are very tender/soft. Mash the potatoes.
2. Add 3 cups of water to it. Pass through a sieve.
3. Mix corn flour with milk and add this to potato mixture. Bring it to boil for 5 mins. Keep stirring.
4. Switch off the flame. Add salt and pepper powder.
4. Melt butter in a pan. Fry vermicelli/shavige in it. Garnish Potato Soup with fried vermicelli and tulsi.
Sending this recipe to Soups & Salads Mela