A very easy and quick dish prepared with ghee. Serve hot with raita or pickle.
Ingredients:1. Basmati rice - 1 cup
2. Onion - 2 finely sliced
3. Ghee (Clarified butter) - 2 tbsp
4. Cinnamon - small stick
5. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
6. Cardamom - 2
7. Clove - 2
8. Cashew nuts - 8-10
9. Ginger - 1 inch piece
10. Garlic - 2 flakes (optional)
11. Green chillies - 4 to 5
12. Salt - to taste
13. Peas - 1 small cup
Preparation:1. Take a pressure cooker and heat with ghee.
2. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, garlic(optional), green chillies and cashew nuts and fry for few seconds.
3. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn into golden yellow colour. Then add peas.
4. Now add the Basmati rice and fry for about 2 to 3 mins.
5. Add 2 cups of water and salt and close the pressure cooker
6. Now pressure cook for 2 whistles
Serve hot...... with raita, pickle or papad.
very nice. I too make this way:)
I prepared the Ghee Rice and all of us liked it very much.
I never knew the dish was so easy to prepare.
Thank you my dear.