Carrot Palya is a simple side dish prepared in karnataka. Carrot Palya goes well with Rice and sambar. Carrot Palya can also be served with chapati/roti.
Carrots contains large quantity of vtamin A, its excellent for eyes. Carrot juice has anti carcinogen properties thus helps prevent cancer. It is also believed to have can cer curing properties. Carrots are also good for skin.
1. Carrot chopped- 4-5
2. Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
3. Channa Dal - 2 tsp
4. Urad Dal - 25 tsp
5. Oil - 1 tsp
6. Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
7. Red Chillies powder - 1 tsp
8. Pepper powder - 1 tsp
9. Coriander leaves
10. Curry leaves
11. Salt to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai add mustard seeds when it starts spluttering add Urad dal, Channa dal and saute.
2. Now add chopped carrot, salt to taste and little water, let it get cooked.
3. When its cooked add Red chilli powder, pepper powder, grated coconut and cook for 1 - 2 minutes
4. Garnish with Curry and coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati/roti. You can also mix with rice too.
Enjoy this Carrot palya with Rasam rice, Curd rice or how ever you want.
|Tags: carrot paly, carrot, palya, carrot fry,|