Radish/Moolangi is a low calorie root vegetable and can be eaten raw. Radish raita is very easy to prepare and good for people who are on diet. Radish raita goes well with rice and also chapati. Radish raita is a dish which you can prepare without oil and without fire.
Health Benefits of Radish :
- Beneficial for the teeth, gums, nerves, hair and nails.
- Stimulate appetite.
- Relieve nervous exhaustion.
- Respiratory problems
- Digestive problems
- Relieves constipation
- Runny nose
- Helps to reduce overweight or obesity and dissolves gall stones.
- Helpful in cases of tuberculosis.
- Radish also has a mild diuretic effect, increasing the production of urine by the kidneys.
- Good for diabetics just like cucumber and bitter gourd.
- rich in Vitamin C
Grated Radish: 1 cup
Curds/Butter milk: 1 cup
Pepper powder: 1 - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves: chopped finely
In a mixing bowl mix all the above ingredients and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or chapati.
|Tags: easy cooking,low calorie diet,raita|