Sweet pumpkin raita requires very few ingredients and easy to prepare. Sweet pumpkin raita goes well with rice.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin:
- Pumpkin is incredibly rich in vital anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- Pumpkin seeds are great source of protein, minerals, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is also rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
Sweet Pumpkin: 1 cup cut in to medium sized cube pieces
Curds: 1 cup
Grated coconut: 2 tbsp
Green chillies: 2 - 3
Jeera: 1 tsp
Rice Flour: 1 tbsp
Oil: 2 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: For seasoning
Coriander Leaves: For garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and on spluttering add curry leaves, asafoetida and sweet pumpkin.
2. Add little water and fry till turns soft. Transfer it to bowl.
3. Grind grated coconut, rice flour, jeera, green chillies to fine paste.
4. Add this paste to the cooked sweet pumpkin.
5. Add curds and salt. Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.