Curry Leaves chutney can be taken with Dosas and Idly. Fresh curry leaves are best for this chutney. Curry Leaves when fried have a unique aroma. Curry Leaves are called "Karibevu Soppu" in Kannada. Karibevu soppu chutney recipe is of mixing curry leaves and tamarind with a good taste of red chilli.
Health Benefits of Curry Leaves:
- Curry Leaves are rich in vitamin and mineral content with iron, phosphorus, calcium and vitamin c.
- Curry Leaves helps in curing diabetes due to obesity because of the weight reducing properties of the leaves.
- Tender curry leaves are useful remedy for treating diarrhoea and piles. It should be taken and mixed with honey.
We have different varieties of chutney pudi ground nut chutney pudi, dal chutney pudi, pudina chutney pudi.
Here goes the recipe of curry leaves chutney pudi ...
|Curry leaves (removed from the stem)
: 1 Cup|
Red chilies: 2 nos.
Bengalgram dal or channa dal: 3 tbsp
Tamarind: 1 small piece (amla size) or Tamarind juice : 1 tbsp
: 1 tsp
: 1 tbsp
Jaggery: 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Grated coconut: 1 tbsp
1. Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai and saute the curry leaves.
2. Dry roast the bengal gram dal.
3. Mix curry leaves, bengal gram dal, tamarind, jaggery, red chillies, grated coconut together in a mixer by adding little water and salt.
4. Grind it to a coarse thick paste.
5. Prepare the seasoning with oil and mustard seeds and mix well.
Serve Curry Leaves chutney with dosa or idli.
|Tags: curry leaves, karibevu, chutney|
very novel to me.
jst today i prepared karibavina chutney. very tasty. healthy which contains iron which is gud for health. thankx friends.