Next time when you peel out the skin of Seemebadnekai /chayote squash don't throw away the skin just try this tasty chutney.
1. seemebadanekayi sippe /Chayote squash skin: 1 cup (only the skin)
2. Urad dal: 3 tsp
3. Green chillies: 5 - 6
4. Tamarind juice: 2 tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Curry leaves
7. Mustard seeds
8. Grated fresh coconut: 1 cup
10. Jaggery: 1/4 tsp
11. Oil: 1 tsp
1. Wash the seemebadanekayi sippe /Chayote squash skin and drain the water.
In a kadai add 1/4 tsp oil fry urad dal till it turns golden brown.
Add grated coconut and fry for a min. Transfer this to a plate.
Same kadai add 1/4 tsp oil add green chillies and ridge gourd skin fry
for 5 - 8 mins until done. Mix it with step 2 ingredients and allow it
4. Add tamarind juice, jaggery and salt. Grind to a paste.
5. Prepare seasoning with mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves, mix well with the chutney paste.
seemebadanekayi sippe /Chayote squash skin chutney goes well with rice, dosa, Idli and also chapati.
|Tags: seemebadanekayi sippe /Chayote squash skin chutney, chutney, seemebadanekayi sippe, Chayote squash skin, seemebadanekayi, Chayote squash.|