Mandakki Oggarane is very famous in North Karnataka. This is very tasty ans spicy stuff which is ideal for evening snacks. It is very crispy too. I got this recipe from a couple who run their North Karnataka food shop in ISRO layout,Bangalore.
Bhel Puri Puffed Rice: 250 gms
Putani/Fried Bengal Gram - 2 tbsp
Grated Dry Coconut - 2 tbsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Medium sized onion finely chopped - 2
Grated Carrot - 1
Finely chopped Green chillies - 2
Finely Chopped Coriander leaves - a handful
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - pinch
Jeera - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Namkeen / Sev - 1 cup
fine Powdered Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Grind Putani, Dry coconut, jeera powder, chiili powder and salt to fine powder and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to sputter. Next add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chillies
and fry for a second.
3. Switch off the flame and let it cool down. On cooling down add salt and powdered sugar.
4. Then add the puffed rice to this seasoning and mix well. check for salt , if required you can just sprinkle salt.
5. Now all the preparations are ready and you can serve .
6. Take a plate of puffed rice from step 4.
7. Put the 1 spoon of dry powder all over puffed rice.
8. Next Put Onion and Carrot over the puffed rice.
9. Finally add Coriander leaves and Namkeen over the rice. Your Spicy Mandakki Oggarane is ready to serve.
Sending this recipe to the event Dish Name Starts with K
Sending this recipe to Srivalli's Snacks Mela
Hi ma am Kripa I came across ur blog only rletnecy Tried kadai vegetable today And tomato rice the other day It came out so good . Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful recipes:)