Sweet Dates Tamarind Chutney is a one stop chutney recipe for all your chaat items like pani puri, Dhokla, aloo tikki, sev puri, masala puri and savoury snacks. Prepare this chutney and store it in refrigerator in an airtight container. It stays good for nearly 15 days.
- 1/2 cup tightly packed seedless tamarind
- 1/2 cup seedless dates
- 1/2 cup powdered or grated jaggery or as required - adjust as per your taste
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt as required.
- in a pan, take the tamarind, dates and water.
- cook the tamarind and date for about 8-9 minutes on a low flame till they soften.
- now add the powdered jaggery and continue to cook.
- let the jaggery dissolve and the mixture thicken a bit.
- add all the spice powders - red chili powder, coriander powder, dry ginger powder and roasted cumin powder.
- stir & simmer for a further 1-2 minutes more.
- season with salt.
- let the chutney mixture cool down.
- in a chutney grinder or small blender, grind the this whole mixture till smooth.
- add some water if required while grinding.
- strain the chutney through a strainer.
- store the tamarind date chutney in an airtight bowl or container in the refrigerator and use it when you make chaat at home.
|Tags: Tamarind dates sweet chutney|