Hittina Hollige/ white hollige is a very traditional dish learnt from our sarojamma ajji. It is a very delicious and stomach filling dish.
Recipe Requested by Harshala Rajesh.
Chirotii Rava/Fine Semolina : 1/2 kg
Rice Flour: 1/2 kg
Oil: 1 small cup
1. Make a dough with chiroti rava and rinse dough in the oil. This oil can be used later while preparing holige.
2. Soak this dough for 2 hours. We call this "Kanaka" in Kannada.
3. Place pan/griddle on the medium flame. Rice flour and water quantity should be 1:1. Now pour water in the pan. Bring it to boil. Slowly add the rice flour to it. Switch off the flame after a min. Mix well so that no lumps are formed.
4. Knead the rice flour dough.
5. Make small ball of rava dough and spread with hand. Keep a ball of rice flour dough and cover it with rava dough and seal the ends as shown in picture. ( It is nothing but stuffing the rice flour dough with rava dough).
6. Roll this stuffed ball like chapathi as shown in picture.
7. Roast it on hot tava (low flame) on both sides by spreading little oil. Make sure not to over heat this , colour should always be white even after roast ( as shown in picture).
Your delicious Hittina Hollige is ready to serve.
Brings back memories of Ajji and the wonderful taste of Hittina Holige is unbeatable... Wow ... I gaining weight seeing all the recipees and pictures :)
This one is new to me, I want to try this out, as I make kanikalu just like you do.., and use Rice flour the way you have described to make my kozukottais, never thought of using this like this :), thanks for sharing
This looks and sounds very tasty! Thanks for sharing.
lovely dish appreciated by one and all in the family. liked
by all at home. it has become a sunday breakfast item at home. gud for health. thankx
This is a new one for me. Never even heard of it and love the simplicity of the dish and pictures of course. Thx for linking to the event.
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha
Its so perfect. Easy adjustable for the teeth. thanks a lot