Akki Tari Kadabu - breakfast dish made with broken rice. A very simple and easy to prepare dish.
1. Akki Tari (Broken Rice/Rice Rava) - 1 Cup
2. Water - 2 Cups
3. Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
4. Oil/Ghee - 1 tsp
5. Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
6. Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
7. Curry leaves
8. Coriander leaves
9. Salt to taste
10. Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
11. Green chillies - 5-6 nos
12. Asafoetida: a pinch
1. Heat Ghee/Oil a thick bottomed kadai, add mustard seeds. When it starts
spluttering add Green chillies, urad dal, channa dal.
2. Now add water (2 cups).
Bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to low and Add grated coconut salt to taste, curry leaves and
Asafoetida, Stir well. Now slowly add Akki Tari/Rice Rava and cook on a medium flame for 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Once its cooked, Remove from fire and let it cool.
4. Make small round balls called kadabu from the above (step 3).
5. Now cook kadabu in idli stand for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot kadabu's with Chutney.
Rice Rava/Akki Tari is available in stores or you can prepare it at
home too. Fry the required quantity of rice on a low flame till its
warm, cool it and grind coarsely.
|Tags: Akki Tari Kadabu, Khara Kadabu, Kadabu, Broken rice Kadabu, Rice Rava, breakfast|