Prepare this delicious barley soup for dinner !! Barley is high in fibre, great source of Iron, folate and Magnesium. It helps in lowering cholesterol as well. Believe me barley looks very boring but tastes exotic! It gives a thick consistency to the soup and you need not add corn starch to make it thick.
1. Soak one fistful of barley or any small measure in water for 1-2 hours till it is soft.
2. Boil or pressure cook it with tomato and any vegetable you wish to add to the soup.
3. Grind the boiled barley with the boiled vegetables with a piece of ginger and garlic.
4. Add salt and any masala you wish to add. Vegetables can be added with out grinding also.
5. Add chopped coriander leaves and boil.