Health Benefits of Curry Leaves:
- Curry Leaves are rich in vitamin and mineral content with iron, phosphorus, calcium and vitamin c.
- Curry Leaves helps in curing diabetes due to obesity because of the weight reducing properties of the leaves.
- Tender curry leaves are useful remedy for treating diarrhoea and piles. It should be taken and mixed with honey.
We have different varieties of chutney pudi ground nut chutney pudi, dal chutney pudi, pudina chutney pudi.
Here goes the recipe of curry leaves chutney pudi ...
Curry Leaves : 1 cup
Channa Dal : 1 cup
Urad dal : 3/4 cup
Grated Copra : 1 cup
Broken Red chillies : 1/2 cup or 8 - 10
Asafoetida :1/2 tsp
Jaggery : 1/2 - 1 tbsp (according to your taste)
Pepper Corns : 6 - 8
Salt to taste
Tamarind: small lemon sized
Oil - 1 tsp
1. Wash the curry leaves and dry them on a cloth/sun dried.
2. Dry roast the curry leaves on a pan till it turns crispy.
3. Roast Channa dal & Urad dal separately till you get a good aroma.
4. Roast red chillies, pepper corns and copra seperately.
5. Allow them to cool down, upon cooling grind channa dal, pepper corns, urad dal, curry leaves and red chillies to a coarse powder.
6. Next add grated copra, salt, jaggery and tamarind, grind altogether to a fine powder.
Allow the curry leaves chutney pudi to cool and store it in air tight jars.