1. Channa dal - 1 cup
2. Byadagi chillies - 1/2 cup
3. Finely chopped ginger - 1/2 cup
4. Curry leaves - 1 cup
5. Asafoetida - 1/2 tbsp
6. Oil - 1 spoon for roasting
7. Grated Desiccated coconut - 2 cups
8. Salt - to taste
9. Jaggery - 1/2 - 1 tbsp according to your taste
10. Tamarind - small lemon sized
11. Pepper Corns - 6 to 8
1. Wash, peel and finely chop ginger or grate ginger.
2. Roast channa dal on medium flame till you get golden/aroma.
3. Heat 1/2 a spoon of oil in a wok and add asfoetida, after it pops add broken chillies, curry leaves, pepper and fry till crisp
4. Add grated coconut and fry for a minute, keep aside.
5. Roast ginger with 1/2 spoon oil till dry and crisp on low flame
6. Cool all the roasted ingredients, add salt, jaggery, tamarind and grind to a coarse powder
Cool and store in an air tight jar