A fat free and spicy way to begin a winter meal. can be had with rice too or just plain.....
1. Tomatoes - 3 large
2. Tamarind pulp (juice) - 2 tbsp
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Jaggery - 1/4 tsp
For Rasam powder:
1. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
2. Coriander seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
3. Peppercorns - 8
Procedure for Rasam powder: Combine Cumin seeds, Coriander seeds, Peppercorns in a microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes. Cool completely. Grind into a fine powder.
1. Pierce tomatoes with a fork and place on microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
2. Remove the skin and mash the tomatoes lightly with a fork.
3. Take a microwave safe bowl, microwave 3 cups of water for 2 minutes.
4. Add the mashed tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, rasam powder, tamarind juice, salt and jaggery and microwave for 4 more minutes.
Serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Sending this recipe to the events Microwave Easy Cooking as well as Srivalli's Microwave Cooking
|Tags: Tomato Rasam, Rasam, Simple Rasam, Microwave dish, spicy dish, winter special dish|
Happy to see, you have started this web site. Nice to see the receipes of tasty dishes. Surely I will try some receipes. Hope you will give us more and more receipes. All the best.
Vidya G Raju