A family favorite in any home. This is a tasty crunchy anytime snack that one can make at home. It is almost as quick as popping into the provision store and buying a packet.
1. Thin Beaten Rice (Poha) - 4 cups
2. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3. Green Chillies - 3 -4 fine chopped
4. Red Chillies - 1 - 2 to garnishing
5. Curry leaves - 2 strands
6. Roasted Channa dal - 3 tbsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Sugar - 2 tsp
9. Turmeric - 1 tsp
10. Peanuts - 3 tbsp
12. Cashew nuts and kishmish - 2 tbsp
1. Place poha (avalakki) in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Take another microwave safe bowl and add oil and mustard seeds, microwave for 2 minutes
3. Now add finely chopped green chillies, curry leaves, roasted channa dal, peanuts, turmeric, Cashew nuts and kishmish, Asafoetida and microwave for 1 minute. Mix this with poha well and add sugar, salt to taste and microwave for another 1 minute
Cool and store in air tight container.
Sending this recipe to the events Microwave Easy Cooking as well as Srivalli's Microwave Cooking
|Tags: poha chivda, avalakki chivda, khara avalakki, microwave poha chivda, thin poha|
Tried this for evening snacks, wow it turned out excellent. Thanks for the recipe