Amla is a rare fruit which contains all tastes except salty. We generally prepare Pickles, Jams and juices from Amla. Nellikai in Kannada is the Indian Gooseberry which is available in the market during the month of November (Kartika Masa). Try this tasty and healthy recipe of Amla called "Amla Murabba"
Medicinal use of Amla fruit is endless.. Health Benefits of Amla:
- Amla promotes healthier hair, and boosts the absorption of calcium,
thus creating healthier bones, teeth, nails and hair.
- Helps to maintain
youthful hair color and retards premature graying.
- It is rich in Vitamin C , and known to prevent
premature hair-fall. The rich source of Vitamin C from the fruit acts as a great detoxifying
agent for a sluggish liver, and helps to make the skin clear and
Grated Amla - 1 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
Powdered cardamom seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
1. Wash and grate Amla.
2. Mix water, sugar and amlas in a heavy bottom pan and bring it to boil in a medium flame.
3. Stir constantly till sugar melts.
4. Reduce the heat and add cardamom powder and cinnamon stick. Stir for 2 - 3 mins in a low flame.
5. Switch off the fire when amlas are clear and allow it to cool down. It will get thick in 10 - 15 mins. You can even remove the cinnamon stick.
Amla murabba is ready and transfer it to a glass jar. You can even store this for a month under refrigeration.
Use this spread like a jam or kids can have a tsp of murabba every day.
A very healthy jam. i can say it is a seasonal jam. prepared came out well and tasty. my kids enjoyed thanks. happy new year
Absolutely delicious and very inviting .and a healthy jam since it contains Vit.c good
All time favorite!!for kids. which goes well for chapatis pooris bread dosa etc
I m one among the silent visitors of ur site. I couldn't keep silent anymore since ur website become my catering school