Olden days people used to make fryums/papads in summer season and use it throughout the season. Rice Onion Fryums taste like pakoda after frying. Try this easy recipe this summer season.
Rice flour - 2 cups
Green chilli - 10 to 12no
Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
Asafetida powder - 1 tbsp
Water - 3 cups
Salt - as per taste
Onion chopped finely - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
1. Place kadai on a medium flame and pour 3 cups of water and bring it to boil.
2. Meanwhile grind the green chillies to a paste and add it to boiling water.
3. Put Asafoetida and Salt.
4. Mix well and boil for a minute. Reduce the flame and pour rice flour.
5. Mix well with the boiling water to form dough and switch off the flame. Dough is ready now.
6. Add chopped onion,coriander leaves, lemon juice. Mix well.
7. Let it cool completely.
8. Make small patties/balls from the dough as shown in picture and lay it on polythene/metal tray; dry it on direct sun light till it is fully dry; this may take about two or three days to dry depending on the moisture content.
Deep fry these onion rice fryums. It taste great with rasam rice, poha rice ...
|Tags: rice onion fryums,papad|