Summer has arrived...... me and my sis are busy with preparing different types of papads, fryums... Kids are enjoying this coz they are the official taster of the stuff that we prepare. Sabudana Papad/Sabakki Sendige/Fryums is very easy to prepare, but you do need a hot sunny day to dry them. Once dried well in hot sun for 2 to 3 days you can store in air tight boxes and deep-fry whenever needed.
1. Sabakki/ Sabudana - 1 big cup
2. Salt to taste
3. Asafetida powder - 1 tsp
4. Jeera - 2 tsp
5. Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
6. Water - 3 big cups
Note: Step 1, 2, 3 needs to be done on previous night.
1. You need to soak Sabakki/ Sabudana in hot water for an overnight, so that early morning it is easy to prepare the papads.
2. Boil 3 big cups of water in a thick bottom vessel.
3. Add Sabakki/ Sabudana to the boiled water and keep stirring for 5 - 10 mins keeping at a low flame. See that no lumps are formed. Switch off the flame, Close the lid. Let Sabudana soak in this hot water for an overnight. It will take 6 - 8 hours to cool down.
4. Next day morning boil 1/2 cup of water, add this hot water to step 3 batter. Next add jeera, salt to taste, Lemon Juice, Asafoetida powder and Stir well. Sabudana pearls will still be visible in the batter.
5. Take clean polythene sheet/plastic sheet, spread the sheet in bright sunlight.
6. Take a spoonful of Sabakki/ Sabudana batter and pour on the plastic sheet. spread it in a small circle shape. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
7. Dry them in hot sun for a couple of days.
8. Store all the dreid Sabudana Papad/Sabakki Sendige in air tight jar.
9. Deep fry Sabudana Papad/Sabakki Sendige whenever you need. A perfect snack for an evening with Tea.
|Tags: fryums, papads, sandige sabudana|