Here we would like to give you some tips related:
Weight Loss Balanced Diet and Tips
Yoga and Mudras
1. Weight Loss:
2. Prevent Aging:
- Drink white pumpkin juice on empty stomach in the morning. This will reduce your weight, maintain cholesterol and also gastric problem.
- Have 4-5 curry leaves early morning, on empty stomach. Do not have anything for the next 30 min. This will definitely help to shed those extra pounds.
3. Eye sight:
- Gooseberry juice is a natural, efficacious, and an anti-oxidant with the richest natural source of Vitamin C.This juice is the best medicine to prevent aging, maintaining strength in old age.
- Taking Gooseberry juice with honey is good for improving eyesight.
4. Glowing skin on face/legs/hands
Ladies finger -1 chopped round
Herikayi/Ridge Gourd - 8 - 10 chopped round
Jeera seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander - hand ful.
Bring the above to boil for 10 mins in 1/2 cup of water , keep stirring in between and so that the ladies finger forms sticky liquid .
Strain the above and on cooling down apply it to your face/hands/legs.
Stay on it with for 1 hour and later on wash in cold water.
You can notice a glow on your face.
Note: People with skin allergies please avoid this.
5. Ingestion or Upset Stomach: Ingestion is distress or burning sensation in the upper abdomen followed by nausea, abdominal bloating and sometimes vomiting.
Jeera: 1 tbsp
Pudina/Mint Leaves: 8 - 10
Tulsi Leaves: 8 - 10
Bring the above to boil in one cup of water except tusli. Boil for 10 mins. Finally add tusli and boil for a min. Strain the liquid and on cooling down you can take 3 times a day.
6. Acidity or Gastric Problem:
Drink Cold milk or Cold water or eat ice cream, this will reduce acidity to a certain level.
7. Remove Pimple Scars:
Apply Lemon juice over the scars daily for few days.
8. Remedy for Dark eye circles:
- 1 tsp tomato juice
- 3-4 drops of lemon juice
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- enough white flour to make a paste
Mash these ingredients together into a medium-thick paste and dab it
under your eyes. After fifteen minutes, wash the paste away. This should
lighten the dark circles and address puffiness to some degree.
Weight Loss Balanced Diet and Tips:
1. Few healthy Tips:
* Drink 10 - 12 glasses of water per day.
* Use toned milk and milk products.
* Always carry a dietary recall with you.
* 45 minutes walk per day(advisable).
* Whole fruit intake is advisable rather than glass of juice.
* Include lots of fibre in your diet ex : whole cereals,whole pulses,salad to avoid constipation.
* Never skip your breakfast & meals.
* Take three major meals & two between meals.
* Include amla powder in your diet to increase fiber intake.
* Avoid salt in take after 8 pm.
* Avoid leafy vegetables, in dinner.
* Use combination of oil to get the maximum essential fatty acid
ex: 1) soyabeen oil with mustard oil.
2) ricebran oil with mustard oil.
* When hungry in between meals use foods like sprouts, salad, buttermilk, marie biscuits, fruits instead of junk food & deep fried items.
* Dine at least 2 hours before going to bed.
1. Reduce the burning sensation after cutting green chillies by keeping the fingers in a bowl of cold milk added with some sugar!
2. Cut the top of the carrot and store in air tight bag. This will keep it fresh for a longer period!
3. Put the bananas in a black plastic bag before keeping it in the refrigerator - skin will not turn black and they will come out yellow even after a week!
4. Lemon juice added to carrot cooking water will help keep the color bright!
5. Add a pinch of salt while frying Puris or Pakoras - this will help absorb less oil!
6. Keep the Karela in water and add a pinch of salt in it for 1/2 hour to remove the bitterness of it!
7. To keep the chilies fresh for a longer time, remove the stems before storing!
8. Do not fry paneer, immerse it in boiling water to make it soft and spongy!
9. Never use stainless steel spoons for pickles, this will react with the acids in the pickle!
10. Avoid brinjal turning black by putting the cut pieces in a bowl of water mixed with a spoon of milk!
11. If you happen to bite a chili in your food take a sip of cold milk to sustain the heat!
12. To keep lemon fresh put them in water and store in refrigerator.
13. No more tears while cutting onions.. keep the onions in a plastic bag and keep it in the fridge. Take out just before cutting!
14. To remove excess salt in the dish you are preparing, add a few pieces of raw potato!
15. To remove oil stains dip half cut lemon in salt , rub it over the stained oil and wash it in water.
Yoga and MudrasThe word yoga means "union" in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India
where yoga originated. We can think of the union occurring between the
mind, body and spirit.
What is commonly referred to as "yoga" can be more accurately described by the Sanskrit word asana, which refers to the practice of physical postures or poses.
Mudras are very powerful. If you practice these mudras regularly you can see the wonderful health benefits.
Gyan Mudra (Mudra of Knowledge):
Touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of finger, with the
other three fingers stretched out.
As it is a mudra of knowledge, it enhances the knowledge. The tip of
thumb has centers of pituitary and endocrine glands. When we press these
centers by index finger the two glands work actively.
There is no particular time duration for this mudra. You can practice
by sitting, standing or lying on bed whenever and wherever you have
- Increases memory power and sharpens the brain
- Enhances concentration and prevents Insomnia
- If we practice it regularly, it will cure all psychological disorders like Mental, Hysteria, Anger and Depression
Prithvi Mudra (Mudra of Earth):
Tip of the ring finger touches the tip of the thumb, with the other three fingers stretched out.
It reduces all physical weaknesses.
It has no particular time duration. You can practice it any time you want.
- It helps to increase the weight for weak people
- It improves the complexion of skin and makes the skin to glow
- It makes the body active by keeping it healthy
Varuna Mudra (Mudra of Water):
Tip of little finger touches the tip of thumb, with the other three fingers stretched out.
It balances the water content and prevents all diseases which come due to lack of water.
It has no specific time duration and one can practice it according to their time.
- It retains clarity in blood by balancing water content in the body
- Prevents the pains of Gastroenteritis and Muscle Shrinkage
Vayu Mudra (Mudra of Air):
Keep the index finger on the base of the thumb and press with thumb keeping the other three fingers straight.
It prevents all the diseases that occur due to the imbalance of the air.
The practice of this mudra for 45 minutes reduces the severity of the
disease in 12 to 24 hours. For better results practice it for two
- It cures Rheumatism, Arthritis, Gout, Parkinsonís disease and paralysis without any medicine
- It is useful for Cervical Spondilytis, paralysis to face and dislocation of nerve in neck
- It corrects the disorder of gas in the stomach
Shunya Mudra (Mudra of Emptiness):
Keep the middle finger at the mount of Venus and press it with thumb.
It reduces the dullness in our body.
One can practice it for 40 to 60 minutes daily until to be cured from the disease.
- It relieves an earache within 4 or 5 minutes
- It is useful for the deaf and mentally challenged, but not for inborn ones.
Surya Mudra (Mudra of Sun):
Bend the ring finger and press it with thumb.
It sharpens the center in thyroid gland.
Practice it daily twice for 5 to 15 minutes.
- It reduces cholesterol in body and helps in reducing weight
- It reduces anxiety
- It corrects indigestion problems
Prana Mudra (Mudra of Life):
Bend ring finger and little finger and touch the tip of thumb with their tips keeping the remaining two fingers stretched.
As it is the mudra of life, it improves the power of life. Weak
people become strong. It reduces the clamps in blood vessels. If we
practice it regularly, we will become active.
No specific time duration. One can practice it any time.
- It improves immunity
- Improves the power of eyes and reduces eye related diseases
- It removes the vitamin deficiency and fatigue
Apana Mudra (Mudra of Digestion):
The tips of middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb while the other two fingers are stretched out.
It plays an important role in our health as it regulates the excretory system.
Practice it daily for 45 minutes, but practice for longer time yields more benefits.
- It regulates diabetes
- It cures constipation and piles
- It helps excreting the normal waste regularly
Apana Vayu Mudra (Mudra of Heart):
The tips of the middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb,
while the index finger touches the base of thumb and little finger
It benefits the heart. It works like injection in the reduction of
heart attack. It is as powerful as sorbitate tablet. It reduces the gas
content in body.
Practice it as many times as you can. Heart patients and BP patients
can practice it for 15 minutes daily twice for better results.
- It strengthens the heart and regularizes palpitation
- It regulates excretory system
- It redeems gastric trouble
Linga Mudra (Mudra of Heat):
Interlock the fingers of both the hands and keep the thumb of the
left hand vertically straight and encircle it with the thumb and the
index finger of the right hand.
It generates heat in our body. Take milk, ghee, more water and fruit
juices in addition to practice of this mudra for much benefits.
Practice it any time you want. But donít practice it a lot as it
produces heat in the body. It can cause sweating even in winter if you
practice it longer.
- It stops production of phlegm and gives power to lungs
- It cures severe cold and bronchial infection
- It invigorates the body
Very Nice Information !
Very nice information especially about the mudras.